Chasm gets a release date

Chasm was a Kickstarter game that's been in development since before the campaign went live on April 11, 2013. The Kickstarter campaign was a success generating $191,897 from 6,938 backers (me being one of them). For most people, this game may have slipped under the radar with it's original release date of May 2014 coming and going without any release. Then decided to not nail down a release date until it was done. A little more than four years after it's original slated release date, we got notified that they had completed the game and release was imminent. The Metroidvania style has officially given a release date of July 31, 2018. Right now the game will release on Steam and PS4/Vita, but Bit Kid, Inc. (formerly Discord Games LLC) stated they will look into the Nintendo Switch after the initial release. I'm excited to get to play this game I paid for all those years ago.

The beta that they released shortly after the Kickstarter ended was beautiful and solid, just unfinished. You were unable to leave the starting area of the game and pretty limited on what you could do. I am quite excited to jump back in and start my adventure again. It's one of those games that I've been sad that it was delayed forever, but I'd rather them finish it and give a complete project than to play a broken mess of a game.

As soon as my Steam copy updates to the release version, I plan on adding this to my list of games I need to stream. I also should be receiving my second key from backing it soon, and I'll turn that into a raffle!

chasm_screen_01.pngchasm_screen_02.pngchasm_screen_03.pngchasm_screen_04.pngchasm_screen_05.pngchasm_screen_06.png

Last edited:

Comments